SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley Shares The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Fire Damage and Restoration
Surviving a fire can be a traumatic. Safely making it out of your building doesn’t mean you are out of the clear. After the flames have been put out and the smoke has cleared, it’s time to begin restoring your property.
We are sharing some of the top questions when it comes to fire damage.
- What Is the First Thing I Should Do After a Fire?: After the firefighters have put out the flames, it is a wise decision to call a fire damage restoration company immediately to begin the repairs.
- Can I Inspect My Home After a Fire?: No, you will want stay out of your property following a fire. Homes affected by a blaze are considered unstable and unsafe.
- How Do I Secure My Home After a Fire?: The damage restoration company can install board-ups and tarp covers to protect your home.
- If the Fire Damage Is Minor, Can I Clean It Myself?: No, this can put you and your loved ones in danger. Exposure to smoke and soot from fires can cause breathing difficulties.
- What Should I Do With the Water Used To Extinguish the Fire?: The fire damage repair team can extract the standing water using equipment such as sumps or extraction tools.
- Can Smoke Damage Be Removed? Smoke and soot damage on floors, walls, ceilings, and other surfaces might be tough to deal with, but they can be removed.
- Do I Need To Move Out During the Restoration Process? Yes, living in a fire-damaged home can be more stressful and unsafe.
- How Long Does Fire Damage Restoration Take?: The timeline for fire damage restoration project varies depending on the scope and severity of the damage.
SERVPRO of Newton Wellesley is your premier choice for fire damage and restoration. Our teams are ready to respond 24 hours a week, any day of the year. When you bring us on the job our team of licensed contractors and certified technicians will work collaboratively with you throughout the duration of the project. They will keep you updated on the project's status and ensure that your expectations are met. We will help you to move forward and make it “Like it never even happened” for all of your fire damage.