Water Damage Tip for Property Owners
Water Damage Response Tips for Home Owners:
(These tips are for Category 1 water situations ONLY, which is water that originates from a sanitary source and poses no substantial risk from dermal, ingestion, or inhalation exposure.)
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the home/building, when access to the power panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove excess water by mopping or blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. If you have any questions or need help to ensure your property is drying properly, contact SERVPRO of Framingham (508) 370-4400.